
I suppose now, in the early stages of My Blogs Life, would be a great time to express my extreme love for Harry Potter. The first time I opened the cover of that beautifully bound novel, I was taken in my the magic of it all. I never really got why some of my classmates were so into this "little kids book", I would roll my eyes when they started calling each other by the characters names, and mentioning muggles, quidditch and The Dark Lord. Anyway, I was way cooler with my Dolly and Girlfriend magazines.
One day my curiosity got the better of me and I dove head first into The Goblet of Fire (book #4). A lot of it didn't make sense to me, but I just kept on reading because I simply could not stop. And then, for Christmas I got the first three books, finally the pieces of the Harry Potter puzzle would slot into place.
I didn't get out of bed for days. I didn't shower and meals were devoured in a matter of minutes. I was immersed so deeply inside the fantasy that I believed it was only a matter of time before my Hogwarts acceptance letter arrived. This year I will celebrate my 23rd birthday and each year when my special day comes around, a little part of me dies, with the realisation that I don't have a drop of magical blood in me.
I am a muggle. Ouch.

No comments:
Post a Comment